Friday, 8 May 2015

THREE IS NOT A CROWD - Al Brydon and Jacqui Booth.

8th May 2015 - Election Day. I was up early and walked to the Polling Station and received a pleasant smile from a guy wearing a Lib Dem badge and wondered how much he would be smiling later. I can't help feeling that his party had been weakened by allying themselves to the Conservative Party in the Coalition Government not necessarily because it was the Tories but because they had not really seemed to have flexed their muscles whilst in government but, quite frankly, what do I know?

An hour and a half later I was on my way to London. Two hours later, I was on my way to London. Two and a half hours later, I was on my way to London. The driver explained that it was a signalling fault which appeared to be cured by a guy in an orange jacket wielding a train-sized spanner. But, by then, I had missed my connection to Sheffield at St Pancreas - not sure how much more I can stomach unexplained delays on the rail network. I caught the next train and an hour and two minutes later we arrived (bang on time) in Leicester and the delightful Jacqui Booth clambered on with what looked like a large yellow case of bricks from the way in which she struggled to lift it on to the luggage rack. We were off - on our way to meet the great Al Brydon in Sheffield for a double shoot - I am pretty sure that this was the first time I had been photographed by two photographers at the same time - oh apart from when Suzanne Plunkett came along to record some of the shoots - not quite the same as this though. 

Al met us at the station and our little band was complete. Al put all our stuff in the boot and I swear that, when Jacqui's case went in, the front of the car lifted up. And then......and then......well, that is for next time. I am going to close my eyes now and think of.... of Al and Jacqui chatting in the front and Al looking in his rear view mirror as I chimed in whilst outside the streets of Sheffield were transformed into country lanes bounded by hedgerows bearing the luscious green of spring......fields bounded by dry-stone walls (how long it must have taken to build them in the first place)......we pass a field with what looked like two ostriches in it......two tractors parked on a grass verge......a pub....I tell a story of a recent shoot and there are laughs when I came to the punchline.........Al having met both Rob Hudson and Brian David Stevens recently........tales of Leicester life from Jacqui......

I open my eyes. I am home thinking back on a wonderful time with two of the nicest of nice people but..........that's all for now........

No comments:

Post a Comment