Tuesday, 26 June 2012

BLOODSHOT by Thomas James Hole

BLOODSHOT by Tom Hole

Tom placed a comment on this Blog saying that he was a photographer and that he absolutely loved the images in the project and would very much like to  photograph me. He had sent me the details of his website so I looked up his work and I was suitably impressed.

Tom asked if he could photograph me in a local landscape and I suggested various places but we settled on the nudist beach in Brighton so that we had the option of nude photographs which he said he wanted to take with his large format camera. I met him at Brighton Station and he came across immediately as a very amiable fellow. We went down to the beach and did a number of shots on the beach both in the sea and on the pebbles. Afterwards, (at least, I think it was afterwards - it may have been the other way round) we went back to the house and he took some more shots inside including some more nudes. As I have always said, I love the shoots and that is mainly down to my relationship with the photographer and Tom proved to be a very congenial companion for the day. I also love the craft of photography and nothing is more fascinating than seeing a large format camera being used.

I received the photographs pretty promptly and they had a lovely clarity about them and a beautiful light. They were really very good indeed. Although Tom was much more keen on the location shots outside and indeed he liked the finished examples of these, I have plumped for the close up with my bloodshot eye. The others were so good that I was very tempted to go for one of those but it was the bloodshot eye that tipped the balance. The blood red is so evocative and I felt that the red in the midst of such a beautiful wash of the soft pastel colour of the skin gave the picture a distinct jolt.


I am so glad that Tom contacted me. There haven't been too many photographers who have approached me as opposed to the other way round but in Tom's case particularly, it has turned out very well, don't you think? I do!

Thank you, Tom.

WEBSITE: http://tjhole.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment