Wednesday, 2 March 2011

SAVVY by Monika Gorka

SAVVY by Monika Gorka

I came across Monika's website during one of my journeys through photography sites on the internet and I liked the clarity and sharpness of the images. So, I wrote my usual email and she responded positively asking for a bio which covered simply the things I liked to do as she would want to incorporate my personality in the pictures.

The shoot took place on 13th September 2010 at a studio in Birmingham and we were joined by her fellow photographer, Emma, and her make up artist, Rebecca. She wanted to do some quite strong stylised shots of me standing in my suit on my own and with Emma who would act as a model. We also did some close ups of me playing chess. Great fun and great classical black & white images. But, as with all of these shoots, it was the shoot itself that was so much fun trying things out and meeting and chatting to all the people involved.


And, of course, Monika introduced me to Marta.....

Emma, Me, Monika and Rebecca


http://www.monikagorka.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment