Thursday, 24 February 2011

LOCK ME AWAY by Chris Dodd

LOCK ME WAY by Chris Dodd
Chris advertised on Gumtree for male and female models and when I contacted him he kindly wrote that he felt that it was a very proud and memorable thing that I was doing and that he would be proud to photograph me.

We met first of all in the cafe at the Curzon Soho cinema and I showed him my portfolio. A few weeks later, I travelled to his flat in Brixton and he shot me in his sitting room against a white background and we tried to imitate poses made by people who had posed for Rankin. Chris told me that he had assisted Rankin so I think he was a fan.  We tried shooting from different angles and I suggested he shot me from above which strangely made me feel more animated and these were the shots he sent me afterwards. I was amazed by the quality of the images given that we were shooting in such a small space without any artificial lighting. It was hard to choose between such good images but, in the end, I plumped for this one.



Chris Dodd

No comments:

Post a Comment