Saturday, 26 February 2011

BODY and DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT by Vanessa Lozano

BODY by Vanessa Lozano
Vanessa works a photographer at a hospital in London and advertised for people to photograph as part of a project for an external Masters diploma. In her everyday working life at the hospital she is asked to photograph different parts of the bodies of patients there but not necessarily the whole body. So, she suggested that she photographed every part of me and then put the shots together to produce a sort of modern day Da Vinci picture.

We then went on to to consider other ideas for more photographs and eventually, we developed a photograph from a line in the song "The Liberty of Norton Folgate" by Madness which refers to us all 'dancing in the moonlight'. Often, I wake in the middle of the night and go downstairs and have a pee and a drink of water. On one such occasion, the garden was lit by a gorgeous silvery moon and I thought of that line from the song. So that is how the picture came about.
DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT by Vanessa Lozano

I brought along my cane and the silk top hat which I had inherited from my late grandfather and I danced  and pranced whilst Vanessa took the pictures. She then put together another collage of images which really sums up how I feel now.

It was really nice to get to know Vanessa over a period of months as we worked together. She is such a talented photographer and only one of three who have two photographs in the project. High praise indeed.

Vanessa Lozano

No comments:

Post a Comment